Saturday 16 November 2013

The start of the journey

Friday morning was the first step in the journey of many miles. It was a strange feeling as I got to the airport; mostly due to my unrelenting pessimism as I was constantly worried that something was going to go wrong.
Fortunately nothing did and I made it to Seattle Friday evening in one piece. Although I did get stopped ‘randomly’ twice for ‘special’ security checks; once in Keflavik Airport and once for a thorough bag search in Seattle. The Isham name continues to mark me out I feel!
Anyway, got to Seattle and found my own way onto the Light Rail link, into the Downtown area and to my hostel. The hostel is nice and I have met a few nice people so far. I have been chatting a lot to a Vietnam war vet called Don who is travelling the country on his train pass to relive his youth. Great guy with lots of stories.
Saturday morning when I woke up it was raining. Can’t say I was disappointed. I think it was the first time I’ve been satisfied to see the rain. You can’t come to the Pacific North-West without a little rain. Fortunately it cleared up and I got to see some sights. The wind however was something else; I think the gales have followed me from the UK. Anyway the forecast is for more rain later so I shall be getting use of my waterproofs.
Yesterday visited the EMP museum… pop culture museum; sci-fi, horror, fantasy, rock music exhibits. Great visit, geeked out slightly. I have some great photos James! CITP I missed you guys…there was an interactive thing where you could pretend play instruments to make your own music video! We would have nailed that! Next time eh?!
So, that shall do for now. Hope all is well in the UK.
Be good everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment